In other words, if you wouldn't say it to your Mother and Grandmother, it shouldn't be said here.
And, if you don't know how to be respectful to your Mother and Grandmother - GO AWAY!
Comments will be moderated as quickly as I can. Thanks for your patience.
Sunday, February 24, 2008
I am always astonished when I have to lecture on acceptable behavior to people who are supposed to be adults. I was shocked when I had to put comment moderation into effect.
Since we seem to be a society of people who have no sense whatsoever, I am now forced to write what seems to be the obvious to me and anyone with manners.
1. This is my house - be respectful or leave.
2. Disagreement is not curse words and threats. Calling names is never appropriate.
3. Tributes to the fallen are not appropriate places for your political commentary.
4. Be on topic. It helps if you actually READ the post.
5. Sign your post. If you use annoymous, sign the post at the end - Fred, Howard, Julie, 123, 90210, FluffyKitty - sign something so that you are identifiable in replies.
If you can't take credit in someway for what you are writing, maybe you shouldn't be posting it.
6. If you want to spout vitriol, go to one of the many sites that enjoy that sort of thing.
Comment moderation went into effect on this blog when, on more than one occassion, people left foul remarks on the tributes to the fallen. A tribute to a fallen soldier is not the place for your anti-war, anti-American, anti-whatever comments - it is tantamount to having an anti-war protest in a graveyard - shame on you.