Thursday, August 02, 2007

SPC Daniel A Leckel ~ Farewell, and Walk with God


Leckel and Rockwell


SPC Daniel A. Leckel, 19, of Glendale, Oregon, was killed July 25, 2007 in Baghdad, Iraq, of wounds suffered from enemy small arms fire. he was assigned to the 1st Battalion, 28th Infantry Regiment, 4th Infantry Brigade Combat Team, 1st Infantry Division, Fort Riley, Kansas.

Leckel graduated from Glendale High School in Glendale, Oregon in 2005. During high school, he was the manager of the school's football, basketball and baseball teams. He injured his hand during pre-season practices freshman year and could not play, but joined the teams as manager and spproached it with enthusiasm. He was known to his freinds as 'Leck' or 'De-Leck-table'.

"He had a great sense of humor and had a good heart," said Holly Wilmot, who graduated with Lecker. "He was one in a million."

Daniel has a My Space Page - http://www.myspace.com/danthemanleckel
"I like to hang out with friends, watch movies, and play or watch sports. My Heroes: Jesus Christ, my friends, my parents."

In high school, Leckel wrote for the school newspaper and planned to become a journalist.

He joined the Army in January 2006, and deployed to Iraq in January of 2007.

The funeral for Daniel Leckel will be held on Saturday, August 4, at 10 am, at Glendale High School. Burial will be at Glendale Memorial Cemetery. The Patriot Guard Riders will attend the services and pay honor to Daniel.

We will keep Daniel's family and friends in our thoughts and prayers at this difficult time.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i did everything with leckel =( now he's gone=(

Cassie said...

I dont know, if anyone will ever read this but if you do, I've been attending the freedom run for 4 years, please google. It's held in Illinois. They honor the fallen soilders by placing their name on granite stone, also but selling dog tags, with their name, age, and date of death. I have Daniel's dog tag, I want to return it to the Family, because that is something amazing. Please contact me if you know how to reach his parents.

Cassie Adams
cassieadams93@aol.com

glo bug said...

CASSIE!
I know his family, we live in the same town. I am currently helping with a fundraiser in his memory. please e-mail me!
threepots2005@yahoo.com
thanks,
gloria