Thursday, August 31, 2006

Book Review ~ Saving Babylon


I first met "Chief Wiggles" through his blog - written from the beginning of the war in Iraq. It was an interesting and insightful account of his experiences during the war. "Chief Wiggles" is Paul Horton. Paul, a chief warrant officer in the Utah National Guard, is also the founder of Operation Give, a humanitarian organization that ships toys, medicine, and educational supplies to children in war-torn and devastated nations throughout the world. His book, Saving Babylon, The Heart of an Army Interrogator in Iraq, is a journal of his experiences in Operation Iraqi Freedom.

Saving Babylon will make you laugh and make you cry. It is a wonderful journey, and I was quite glad to take it. This is the firsthand account of an Army interrogator who worked hand-in-hand with Iraqis at all levels in building a new nation. Saving Babylon is a must-read for every American. You will learn what the media refuse to report.

I strongly recommend this book.

1 comment:

Frank Staheli said...

I read this wonderful book recently before returning from service in Iraq. The only regret I have about my year in Iraq is that I didn't get more opportunities like Chief Wiggles did. The few I had were priceless.