Sunday, October 11, 2009

Disclosure Policy

I know that the FCC disclosure policy for bloggers hasn't taken effect yet, but I decided to post this, update any posts I may have missed and get in the habit of telling you when a publisher GIVES me a book to review.

Anyone who has read my reviews will know that no matter what the price of a book is, I'm not sold that easily and will pan a book as easily as I will praise it, regardless of how I acquired it.

Ask Elizabeth Samet about how fond I am of the piece of crap and political propaganda she put out.

Or read the review on Rule Number Two - I would have paid double to read this gem.

I also have links to Amazon.com. They 'pay' a percentage of the sale to me IF you click on the link on my site and purchase it. After a couple of years, my account is up to $26.53 and they don't pay until I acquire $100.00. Don't think this rapid influx of money is going to benefit me soon!

The Congress has crafted yet more legislation to regulate the dishonest and the corrupt - but, will only cause difficulties for those of us with our little blogs and tiny readerships.

2 comments:

Buck said...

The Congress has crafted yet more legislation to regulate the dishonest and the corrupt...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this the FTC setting arbitrary rules without the benefit (ahem) of legislation? We have ENTIRELY too much gub'mint these days...

Flag Gazer said...

LOL - I didn't want to Obama bash here, but I think you are correct - Obama is so afraid of Freedom of Speech.

Unfortunately, I fear more gub'mint to come....