Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Wednesday Hero ~ 1SGT Jose San Nicolas Crisostomo

1st Sgt. Jose San Nicolas Crisostomo
1st Sgt. Jose San Nicolas Crisostomo
59 years old from Spanaway, Washington

Rest In Peace "Joe Sinbad"

August 29, 1949 - August 18, 2009

Army 1st Sgt. Jose S.N. Crisostomo, 59, of Inarajan, Guam, died Aug. 18 in Kabul, Afghanistan, of wounds suffered when an improvised explosive device detonated near his vehicle. He was assigned to International Security Assistance Force Kabul, Kabul, Afghanistan.

U.S. Army

You can read Sgt. Crisostomo's story here.
And it is quite a story, indeed.

Farewell, and Walk with God, Joe Sinbad


These brave men and women sacrifice so much in their lives
so that others may enjoy the freedoms we get to enjoy everyday.
For that, I am proud to call them Hero.


This post is part of the Wednesday Hero Blogroll. For more information about Wednesday Hero, or if you would like to post it on your site, you can go here.
Wednesday Hero Logo

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am the niece of Joe "Sinbad", and I have to say that I am proud and honored to have him as an Uncle. He was always laughing, smiling, and so full of life. He had a way of making you laugh constantly while in his presence. I remember a time when he just showed up at my sisters house in Las Vegas. He and Uncle Frank decided they were going to hop on a plane and go to Vegas (like many other journeys Uncle Joe spoke of). He said they would show up at the airport and look at each other and say..."where are we going". I laughed and I told him that he had such a free spirit and that I loved it.
R.I.P. ~ Uncle Joe, you are loved and truly missed. My dad (Vicente Crisostomo - brother), keeps your picture up with the American and Guam Flag around you. He misses you bula (a lot)!!! Gone but never forgotten, till we all meet again!