Friday, January 29, 2010

Oregon Doctor Heads to Landstuhl ~ Meet Dr David Street


Doctor Heads to Landstuhl to Volunteer His Talents


A Medford, Oregon vascular surgeon, Dr. David L Street, is leaving for Landstuhl Regional Medical Center in Germany, to volunteer for two weeks treating wounded soldiers from Iraq and Afghanistan.

"I don't know what I'm walking into," he said. "I look at it as a chance to help guys that help us out. It will be vascular and a lot of general surgery. I don't know the need or opportunity, but will figure it out and be willing to go again if needed."

In a news release from his clinic, Street said, "There's a time in your life when it's just time to give back, and I'm there. We live in a great country that has been very good to me. It will be an honor to give back. I have the ultimate respect for what the military does for our country. It's a selfless goal to guard our freedom."

The entire article is here.
Thank you to Mary Ann for sending me this - you are reading her fabulous blog Soldiers' Angels Germany, right? Mary Ann volunteers untold hours at Landstuhl!

Lately, it's been a bit embarrassing to be an Oregonian. Then, you read stories like this and it makes your heart soar!

No comments: