The purpose of our group is to identify any critical shortcomings and opportunities to improve rehabilitative care, adminstrative processes, and quality of life for patients at Walter Reed Army Medical Center, the National Naval Medical Center, and other centers where large volumes of casualties are engaged in rehabilitative care, disability review and patient processing takes place.
Our review will include, but is not limited to:
- Policies and procedures for routine evaluation and maintenance of facilities where injured and sick members are housed
- Accountability and empowerment of personnel responsible for correcting deficiencies in upkeep of facilities
- Appointment and scheduling processes for rehabilitative care, including performance standards
- Case management policies and procedures for injured and sick members
- Process and accountabilities for determining when a Medical Evaluation Board (MEB) and Physical Evaluation Board (PEB) are initiated
- Military Treatment Facility (MTF) administrative processes and performance standards for creating and processing an MEB report prior to submission for review by the PEB
- Physical Evaluation Board standards and procedures
- Provision of support and educational materials for family members of injured and sick members (e.g. financial assistance, social services, counseling, housing)
We are working as a subcommittee of the Department of Defense Health Board and will report our findings through the board to the Secretary of the Army and the Secretary of the Navy by the 16th of April.
If you are a patient or former patient at a Military Treatment Facility, a family member or friend of a patient, we'd like to hear from you. Let us know of any areas you feel need to be improved, or and practices you feel are good enough to be emulated at all military treatment facilities or during the Medical Evaluation Board/Physical Evaluation Board process.
Click on the link above to report and problems or concerns. You have the option of filling out the questionaire anonymously.
With all of the problems that have come to public light, this is a forum for those who need to report problems they have experienced.