Monday, February 12, 2007

Army 1st Lt Nainoa Hoe Honored

Lt Nainoa Hoe
Honored



Last Friday, the Army dedicated the Battle Command Training Center at Schofield Barracks in honor of Army 1st Lt. Nainoa Hoe, a 1995 Kamehameha Schools graduate who was killed in 2005 in Iraq.

The $33 million, 90,000-square-foot training center opened in November 2005 and serves as a Pacific-area training center with communications, mission planning and simulators.

Nainoa Hoe, 27, was assigned in 2004 to the 3rd Battalion, 21st Infantry Regiment, a Stryker unit from Fort Lewis, Wash.

He was killed by a sniper in Mosul, Iraq, on Jan. 22, 2005, while leading his platoon.


**************************

Lt Hoe's death was personal for me. We both grew up in Hawaii, his wife was from my adopted state of Oregon and he served with friends of mine in the Styker Brigade. I am pleased that he is being honored in this way. I was not blogging when Lt Hoe died, so I am posting about him below.

1 comment:

De'on Miller said...

I'm so sorry for this loss. I'm glad they honored him this way.

And you grew up in Hawaii?