Thursday, May 03, 2007

National Day of Prayer

Washington in Prayer at Valley Forge

Theme: America Unite in Prayer

2 Chronicles 7:14: "If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray, and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, will forgive their sin, and will heal their land."

"At this crucial time in history, with our armed forces engaged in a desperate struggle in Iraq, Afghanistan and elsewhere, we encourage all people of faith to set aside their differences and publicly seek God's wisdom and direction for those in harm's way and for our homes, communities and country. Our founding fathers recognized the power of prayer and gathered regularly to ask for God's blessing. We can do no less." -James Dobson

To read more about the National Day of Prayer, go here.


4 comments:

Wade Huntsinger said...

Awesome

Sarge Charlie said...

What about the ACLU? Oh, another thing, what about the foot washing stations in LAX in order for Muslims to get ready to pray. I also heard of a school with a pray room for Muslim students. Go figure

Anonymous said...

This is by far my favorite painting of all time. ONE DAY, we're going to get that to include in our living room. Every time I see it, I can't help but stare at it and put myself in Washington's boots. One day...one day...

Flag Gazer said...

Wonderful dream CJ - this painting is one of my favorites, too - it touches me deeply.

Sarge - ACLU? - no cussing now!!!!

Wade - hope all is going well.