Monday, December 11, 2006

Secretary Rumsfeld Farewell Visit to Iraq

Secretary Donald Rumsfeld
Farewell Visit to Thank
the Troops in Iraq


Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld addresses service members at a Town Hall meeting with troops assigned to Al Asad Air Base during a surprise visit to Iraq, December 9, 2006

Sec. Rumsfeld thanked troops for their dedicated service to the country.


Sec Rumsfeld meets with troops.


Sec Rumsfeld meets with troops assigned to Marine Fighter Attack Squadron 242 at Al Asad Airbase.
Sec Rumsfeld thanks crews from the 2/135th General Support Aviation Battalion Medical Evacuation unit for their service to the country.


Sec Rumsfeld meets with Iraqi soldiers at Forward Operating Base Hawk.


Sec Rumsfeld attends a worship service at the base chapel, Camp Libery, Iraq.

Sec Rumsfeld signs the wall outside the Air Force Theatre Hospital at Balad Air Base.
His message read, "You fellows are superstars."

Sec Rumsfeld meets with wounded service members at Balad Air Base.


Sec Rumsfeld boards a C-17 after visitig with troops on his surprise visit to thank the troops and their families for their sacrifice and service to the country.
All photos: Defense Dept, by Cherie Thurlby

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome, glad to hear he went! He truely does care abouy the troops, the WOT and Iraq.
I thought he did a great job.
I loved it they way he talked to the reporters!
Thanks for checking out the Irish traditions post.
Nollaig Shona Duit!
FTGF!

Anonymous said...

opps correction.. You checked out the previous posts on the VA and SD Naval Hospital.

Seems like Cyprus is outta town.
And I see ya on some other blogs, good to see ya getting around FG!
FTGF!

Anonymous said...

I will miss Rummy - I trusted him.

I'm glad to see you are posting and getting around...

how's the leg?

Anonymous said...

I'm doing ok. Always sore! I try not to let it get to me.
Sorry for not following up. I have been busy with other websites that I have and building some for some CA friends.
Take care.
FTGF!